HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Electrify Accelerator is a 12-week capability programme designed to help wahine and gender non-binary high-growth startup founders achieve investment readiness.
To be accepted, a founder must apply, interview, and be invited to join. The criteria for a startup to be considered are listed below:
Has a working minimum viable product (MVP)
Has an innovative, scalable solution and/or business model
Has early signs of market validation in at least one market
Has a founding team who possesses the technical or “hard” skills to tackle this particular problem
Preferably has at least two founding team members with at least one full-time
- Has ambition to solve a globally relevant problem with a globally relevant solution
- Has potential for solution to be scalable on a global stage
- Has entered at least one geography/market and has a draft plan to expand into another geography/market
Is unafraid to fail/will continually persist through failures
Wants to raise private capital from world-class investors
Has a founding team who will:
- Abide by the Ministry of Awesome Code of Conduct
- Complete the entire programme, emergencies notwithstanding
- Work full or near-full time on building the company
- Regularly participate in the programming content
- Regularly engage with the Ministry of Awesome Team, startup mentors, and other founders
- Work from Te Ōhaka, if based in Ōtautahi Christchurch
- Has the time availability to participate in an intensive, capability-building programme
- Has the financial stability to participate in an intensive, capability-building agenda
- Owns the majority, if not 100% of the startup company
- Is interested in and committed to recurring, ongoing customer development and commercial activities
Not quite ready to join Electrify Accelerator?
Check out Startup Aotearoa - a FREE one-on-one startup coaching service.
Regardless of business stage, industry, or location, Startup Aotearoa supports budding entrepreneurs to build their capabilities and turn their ideas into thriving startups.